Love all things chocolate and peanut butter? This chocolate scotcheroo fudge combines both of those amazing flavors!
I love making fudge at Christmastime. I am always trying to come up with new recipes for it, and this one is a real hit! I can't wait to share it with all of my family on Christmas day.
Chocolate Scotcheroo Fudge
- 1 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 1 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Crispy Rice Cereal (gluten free, of course)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips (make sure they are gluten free)
- 1/2 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly greased foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave 10 seconds, stir, and then 10 seconds more, stir, and 10 seconds more, or until sugar granules have disappeared.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in cereal. Set aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring, until melted.
- Add a dash of salt and stir.
- Pour half of the fudge into prepared loaf pan and spread out.
- Add the scotcheroo mixture on top, pressing out evenly.
- Pour over the rest of the fudge and spread until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until solid. Then cut, eat, and store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge.