If you have always been too afraid to try black beans in a dessert before, then now is the perfect time for you to get over that fear. This sugar free black bean cake tastes just like a "normal" chocolate cake without all of the bad-for-you ingredients. The black beans substitute for the flour and NuStevia Simple Syrup is put in place of the sugar.
The cake is healthy, moist and tasty. I dare you to give it a try!
Sugar Free Black Bean Cake
- 9 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Cups Black Beans
- 2 Tablespoon NuStevia Simple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the water and flaxseed meal in the bowl of your blender and pulse a couple of times. Let sit a few minutes.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients besides the baking soda and vinegar and blend until very smooth.
- Move batter into a medium size bowl and sprinkle baking soda over the top. Add the vinegar and fold in just until combined.
- Dump into a greased 8x8 inch pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Although NuNaturals sent me the products, all of the opinions and the recipe are by me.