Any kind of whoopie pies are delicious, but these treats that are a mixture of chocolate chip cookie and whoopie pie are extra special. Bake these up and everyone will be sure to love them!
Don't they look good enough to eat?
I filled mine with chocolate buttercream, but you can use whatever you want. I'm sure marshmallow creme would be great.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies
- 2 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 3/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- 7 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Put two Tablespoons of the butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt.
- In another small bowl microwave the three tablespoons of water for about twenty seconds, then add the flaxseed meal to it and set aside for ten minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, starches, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt and brown sugar and mix under just small lumps of the sugar remain.
- Add both butters and mix into the dry ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Add the vanilla, flax-egg and beat.
- Add the milk and beat until the batter thickens and becomes elastic.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop by the tablespoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet and then completely on cooling rack. Find pairs and fill with the frosting of your choice.