These muffins are beautiful.
Is it weird to say that?
Oh, well. I think that they are. And they taste even better than they look, too. Moist, fluffy and full of banana and chocolate flavor, I know that I will be making these muffins many times in the future!
And another great thing about these muffins is how uncomplicated they are to throw together. All that it is needed is a bit of time, some simple steps, and you will end up with a bunch of delicious muffins that look (and taste) like they have come from your favorite bakery.
These muffins really are beautiful, aren't they?
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Banana, mashed (2 to 3 bananas)
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Heat water for about 20 seconds in microwave. Add flaxseed meal to it and set aside 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine brown rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine butter and sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add flax-egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the sour cream and mashed banana and beat again.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until combined once more.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin wrappers, or grease it. Fill each hole almost to the top and sprinkle batter with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
It's crazy to think that the new year is coming so soon. Just two more days, and 2015 will be over.
Even though I am so, so excited for all that lies ahead in 2016, it always feels strange to say goodbye to year.
What about you? Are you looking forward to the year ahead? Do you have anything special planned?-Bethany