A one bowl (or two if using flax egg), from scratch, gluten free chocolate cupcake recipe that turns out? It sounds impossible doesn't it?
Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 6 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 2 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal (or skip this and the 6 tablespoons of water and use 2 eggs)
- 3/4 cup White Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the 6 Tablespoons of water and add the flaxseed meal to it, setting aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together rice flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flax-eggs, vanilla, oil and water to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into muffin tin that has been lined with 10 cupcake wrappers.
- Bake cupcakes about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Original recipe found here.
It really is as easy as that! Enjoy!