These chocolate chip vanilla snowball cookies are gluten free, melt-in-your-mouth good, and simple to make!
One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to bake. I love shopping for gifts and all of that, too, but Christmas baking is just so special. And these snowball cookies are a must!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Vanilla Snowball Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine white rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, and salt. Whisk together.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Ad the vanilla and beat again.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls that are one Tablespoon in size, and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool until you are able to handle them, then roll the cookies in powdered sugar. Best consumed on the day of baking (they are still good later, but they get harder/more dry the longer they sit.)
Adapted from this recipe.