The holidays are such a special time. They bring family and friends together, and they are all about the food! And even if you are eating on the gluten free diet, you don't have to miss out! Check out these fifteen gluten free Christmas treats, and you will have plenty to snack on during this season.
From classic recipes, to a fun new fudge and cookie dough treats, you really can't go wrong with these recipes!
2. Peanut Free "Peanut Butter" Cups. If you or someone in your life cannot have peanuts, but still loves the flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate, then you need to make these this Christmas!
3. Coconut Joys. These candies are simple to make, and my family has been making them for years. It doesn't matter if you are gluten free or not - you are going to love these coconut and chocolate candies!
4. Cake Batter Chickpea Cookies. Change things up to be a bit healthier this Christmas by making these cookies with chickpeas in place of flour. Add some festive sprinkles, and no one will ever guess that they are healthy!
5. Brownie Bites. If you love chocolate, then you have to add these brownie bites to your holiday menu. They are so easy to make, and they are a great crowd pleaser (everyone at my brother's graduation party loved them!)
6. Soft Sugar Cookies. What is more traditional than sugar cookies at Christmas time? Just because you are gluten free doesn't mean that you have to miss out. These cookies are super soft and delicious, and can be rolled out just like any sugar cookies!
7. Double Chocolate Snowball Cookies. These cookies are so fun, and they have quickly become a favorite of mine! They are melt-in-your-mouth perfection!
8. Chocolate Chip Scones. Treat everyone to a special breakfast around the holidays with these chocolate chip scones. They taste just like a really good chocolate chip cookie, only in scone form!
9. "Oreo" Cookie Dough Truffles. If you love Oreos, then you will love these truffles! They are made with dark cocoa powder and rice flour, which allows them to have the taste of Oreos without any gluten!
10. Homemade Chocolate Cherry Cups. Anyone who likes chocolate covered cherries is going to love the homemade version! Make them to take to a party, or give them as a gift.
11. Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles. These gluten free sugar cookies are coated in sprinkles. They are child friendly, and they will add a festive pop of color to your Christmas table!
12. Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge. What better treat is there for the holidays than fudge? This rich fudge has triple the chocolate, plus peanut butter, too! Can it get any better than that?!
13. M&Ms Cookie Dough Truffles. Who doesn't love mini M&Ms stuffed inside of cookie dough? Roll that dough in chocolate, and you get perfection. You will please everyone when you make a batch of these truffles this holiday season!
14. Cinnamon Roll Bites. Want a simple breakfast treat to make this holiday season? Whip up these cinnamon roll bites, and they be the perfect sweet start to the day.
15. Red Velvet Cake. If you feel like being a bit fancy this holiday season, then why not make a delicious gluten free red velvet cake? Frost it up pretty, and it will be the perfect dessert to impress your guests!
Hopefully you now feel inspired to do some holiday baking! Gluten free treats can really be just as good as gluten-filled ones!
Linking up to Allergy Free Thursdays.