There are so many good gluten free recipes out there on the internet, nowadays, and it's just a matter of finding the best ones. This sugar cookie recipe is definitely one of the good ones. The cookies are soft. So soft. And yummy. And perfect.
And they are perfect for Christmas cookies! I have made them into cut-out shapes and they turned out perfectly!
Soft Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 6 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 1/2 Cup White Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup Potato Starch
- 3/4 Cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix together the hot water and flaxseed meal and set aside for about ten minutes.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar. Add the flaxseed mixture and beat again.
- Add the vanilla and the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When the dough has chilled, take it out and roll it between two pieces of plastic wrap until it is somewhere between 1/2" and 1/4" thick.
- Cut out shapes and place on a baking sheet, baking for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.
Original recipe found here.