Monday, December 1, 2014

Gluten Free Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies


With Christmas just around the corner, those of us who eat gluten free food are in need of some good recipes to take the place of all of the yummy ones that we used to make for the holiday. On my site you will find a variety of delicious recipes that you can use for the Christmas season (or, really, anytime of the year), including these Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Let me tell you a story.
One night at 8:30pm and I was going to make these cookies. But then I read the recipe and saw that it calls for the dough to be refrigerated for at least two hours. Needless to say that I was thoroughly disappointed.
But, I didn't let it stop me from making them the next day. And let me tell you, I am so glad that I went through with making them. These cookies are the best.
Let this be a lesson to you and don't let the amount of time that it takes discourage you from making them, but just be aware of it ahead of it ahead of time so that you mix up the dough with a few hours to spare before you need the cookies.
But, if you don't have any dough left by the time it comes to bake the cookies... well, you'll just have to start all over again. ;)

These are a great Christmas (or anytime) treat.



Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1/2 Cup Butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
  • 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
  • 3/4 Cup Rice Flour
  • 1/4 Cup Potato Starch
  • 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Starch
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
  1. Heat water in a small bowl and add in the flaxseed meal. Set aside for 10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, rice flour, starches, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
  3. Beat butter for about twenty seconds. Add sugars with mixer on and beat until fluffy.
  4. Add the egg mixture and vanilla to the butter/sugar mix. Beat.
  5. Slowly add the dry mixture with the mixer running, until fully combined. 
  6. Stir in chips by hand.
  7. Refrigerate dough for two hours or more.
  8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, scoop cookies onto it, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
  10. Cook on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling wrap. 

Adapted from this recipe


I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I did!
-Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks so yummy....and even better when it is glutenfree <3


    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays Party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) I can't wait to see what you share next time!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete