These dark chocolate chickpea cookies have an almost Oreo-like flavor, while being much healthier. The chickpeas not only make these cookies easily gluten free, but they also add fiber and protein to the cookies.
These cookies are moist, flavorful, and have very little fat. They are flour-free, and the white chocolate chips add a good amount of sweetness to the dark chocolate cookie.
Go ahead and try them right now.
- 2 cups Chickpeas (or one can)
- 1/3 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Milk (if looking too dry)
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine drained chickpeas, butter, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt.. Blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth. If the batter appears dry, add one tablespoon of milk and blend again.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Makes about 18 cookies.