I love how recipes bring back memories. Whether of family, of laughter, of a time back when you were a child... or just a peaceful moment in the kitchen a couple of years ago. Memories are made when there is baking going on in the kitchen, and for me, making these cookie dough truffles just brings me back to brainstorming ideas for a new story and snitching a bit (okay, a lot) of dough along the way.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup White or Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (I have done without the chocolate chips and they are good, too!)
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix again
- Then add the rice flour and salt and mix.
- And, finally, add the chocolate chips and mix once more.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls and roll into balls, placing on a wax lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for half an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, melt some chocolate in a bowl (about two cups should do it) and once the balls have frozen for at least half an hour dip them and put them back on the wax lined sheet.
(makes about two dozen or so, depending on how much dough you eat)
Adapted from this recipe.