Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Recipe: Polenta Pizza

To be honest, the first time that my sister made this recipe, I was a bit skeptical. I mean, pizza is pizza, right? Who wants a polenta crust. I thought that it wouldn't be any good.
But, I was wrong. Totally and completely wrong.
This stuff is amazing and just another great way to eat my favorite Mexican toppings! I love it.





Polenta Crust
  • 1 Cup Gluten Free Polenta
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 2 1/2 Cups Water
  1. In a medium saucepan combine the water and milk. Bring to just about a boil and turn to medium heat. Whisk while adding the polenta in a steady stream.
  2. Turn the heat to low and whisk occasionally for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the consistency is that of oatmeal.
  3. Grease a baking sheet and spread out the polenta as thick or thin as you would like your crust to be. Chill in the fridge 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  5. Top your polenta crust (suggestions below) and bake for about 20 minutes, or until just beginning to brown around edges.

Mexican Toppings:
  • Black Beans
  • Corn
  • Red Onion
  • Chedder Cheese
  • Taco Seasoning (make sure it's gluten free) 
Mix together toppings and spread it all out over the prepared crust. You can put salsa on the crust beneath the toppings for added flavor, if desired.
Original recipe found here.


I hope you give it a try! You won't regret it, I promise. :)
-Bethany

Linking up to The Weekend Potluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment