This amazing recipe comes from Gluten Free on a Shoestring. If you haven't heard of the blog, I highly recommend checking it out. There are a ton of gluten free recipes on there, and they are great!
And this one... wow. It is one of the best chocolate ice creams I have ever had.
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk, minus 1/4 Cup
- Chocolate Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a medium size, heavy bottomed saucepan, place the sugar, cocoa powder, salt, water and vanilla extract, whisking until combined.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar crystals are dissolved and it has just started to thicken.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl, setting aside until cooled.
- Beat whipping cream in the bowl of a stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt to the syrup and mix together.
- With the beaters running, slowly pour in the syrup mixture, beating until fully incorporated.
- Fold in mixing if you are using any.
- Freeze (minimum of four hours), serve and enjoy!