Do you love a good breadstick? Do you think that you have to give them up because you went gluten free?
These breadsticks are soft and chewy and super easy and quick to throw together. I have made them countless times since finding the recipe and I am craving one just writing about them. Mmm...
Dipped in a marinara sauce, served as a side with spaghetti... these are amazing!
The Easiest Gluten Free Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Yeast
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch or Potato Starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat the water in a large, microwave safe bowl until warm but not too hot. Add in the yeast, stir, and set aside for a minute.
- In a medium bowl mix together rice flour, starches and xanthan gum.
- Into the yeast mixture add the salt and stir. Then add the sugar and stir again.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl and stir together, adding a bit more rice flour if necessary, then knead for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape into breadsticks (6 to 10) and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Enjoy!