Chocolate muffins with chocolate chips inside of them.
Does it get any better than this?
These muffins offer you the excuse to start off your day with a nice dose of chocolate. Go ahead and make them the next time that you want a special treat in the morning (or any time of the day.)
These muffins are moist, chocolatey, and perfect. They are great warm, or cooled. They are great in the morning, or as a bedtime snack. No matter when you have the craving for a good, chocolate treat, these are the perfect item for you to throw together. Store them in your freezer and pull them out whenever you feel in the mood for them!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 1 1/4 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- Heat the water for about 30 seconds and add flaxseed meal to it. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, measure the rice flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the milk, vinegar, vanilla and the flax-eggs.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until it is moistened. Add the butter and mix until combined.
- Scoop out into a greased or lined muffin tin. Makes 12 to 16. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.