Milk Duds are melted down and combined with crispy rice cereal to create these delicious caramel/chocolate cereal bars!
If you like Rice Crispy Treats, or if you love Scotcharoos, then you will be a big fan of these bars! They have a delicious caramel flavor, just a hint of chocolate, and are the perfect chewy texture.
Milk Duds Crispy Treats
- 1 Box Milk Duds
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Crispy Rice Cereal
- Pinch of Salt, optional
- Chocolate for drizzle, optional
- In a double boiler over low heat, combine the Milk Duds and heavy cream. Stir occasionally. Takes around 20 minutes to melt.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until smooth, then add the crispy rice cereal (and pinch of salt, if using) and combine.
- Spread in a greased 8x8 baking dish. Pack down.
- Drizzle the top with melted chocolate (optional), slice (you might want to try refrigerating them a bit first, so that they stick together better), and eat.