Monday, June 12, 2017

Milk Duds Crispy Treats

Milk Duds are melted down and combined with crispy rice cereal to create these delicious caramel/chocolate cereal bars!

If you like Rice Crispy Treats, or if you love Scotcharoos, then you will be a big fan of these bars! They have a delicious caramel flavor, just a hint of chocolate, and are the perfect chewy texture.




Milk Duds Crispy Treats
  • 1 Box Milk Duds
  • 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Crispy Rice Cereal
  • Pinch of Salt, optional
  • Chocolate for drizzle, optional
  1. In a double boiler over low heat, combine the Milk Duds and heavy cream. Stir occasionally. Takes around 20 minutes to melt.
  2. Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until smooth, then add the crispy rice cereal (and pinch of salt, if using) and combine. 
  3. Spread in a greased 8x8 baking dish. Pack down. 
  4. Drizzle the top with melted chocolate (optional), slice (you might want to try refrigerating them a bit first, so that they stick together better), and eat.

Enjoy!
-Bethany

5 comments:

  1. oh my this looks so delicious!! perfectly chewy and crispy!
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! I haven't had milk duds in years, they are so good and the perfect addition to these crispy treats! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Milk Duds were gluten free! We have a version here in the UK called Malteasers and they aren't; I'm going to have to get my mom to send me some Milk Duds! Also, I run #FreeFromFridays, a weekly link party celebrating free from food and I've love it if you stopped by to share with us at this week's party! You can link directly to a recipe or to a pin from your blog. The party is live here: http://www.anyonita-nibbles.co.uk/2017/06/freefromfridays-number-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look and sound amazing. To be honest, anything with milk duds sounds super yummy, and I can imagine what a wonderful chewy texture it will add to the rice crispies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so genius! I love Milkduds, but I never considered actually making anything with them. Now I have try this!!

    ReplyDelete