Before we get into the delicious recipe, I have some exciting non-food related news to share!
Three years ago when I graduated high school, I chose to skip college, as I told everyone that I wanted to pursue a career in writing.
I didn't really have any idea what I was doing back then, I just knew that I enjoyed writing. And it was something that I had to do with my life. So I have done it. I am earning a living working as a copywriter online... but that's not all.
My sister and I had been writing novels for some time before my graduation, and we continued to write them in the following years. The more we write, the more my passion for writing grows. There have been frustrating times of submitting books to a publisher only to hear back from them with a negative response, but my sister and I kept trusting that everything would work out in God's timing. And it has.
I am so excited to announce that eLectio Publishing has chosen to publish our book, No Longer Broken. My sister and I are now published authors. No Longer Broken is available online today!
No Longer Broken is a Christian fiction novel about the struggles that two brothers face as they reconnect after fifteen years apart. You can read the whole blurb here.
If you have a minute, please check out my author website, Facebook page and Twitter. And, if you love reading (or you know someone who does), and if the book sounds interesting to you, please consider buying it and giving it a read. It is for sale through the publisher, on Amazon and and for Nook.
Sorry (not sorry) for the long self promotion. Ha. On to the recipe now!
If you love store bought chocolate covered cherries, then it is time that you tried making some of your own! These homemade chocolate cherry cups couldn't be any easier or more delicious.
Make these chocolate cherry cups any time you are looking to impress someone. The one you are trying to impress will be awed by what you have done, and they will love the sweet treat that you give them. The chocolate on the outside is so decadent, and when you bite inside your senses will be filled as you taste the sweet filling and delicious cherry.
Chocolate Cherry Cups
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Milk or Water
- 2 teaspoons Juice from Cherries
- 12 Maraschino Cherries, drained
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate
- Melt about 3/4 cup chocolate. Line a mini muffin tin with 12 wrappers. Divide the chocolate between them and use your (clean) finger to spread around the bottoms and sides.
- Place chocolate cups in the fridge until firm.
- In a medium size bowl, combine softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, milk or water and cherry juice. Mix until smooth.
- Take the chocolate cups from the fridge and add a cherry to each. Add a bit of the cream mixture on top. Stick into the fridge for a bit.
- Melt remaining chocolate. Spread onto the tops of each of the cherry cups. Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove wrappers from cherry cups and keep in the fridge.