If you are a fan of chocolate and biscotti, then you will be sure to love this special, double chocolate treat! Even if you are not too big a fan of one or the other, you will be converted once you have tried these gluten free chocolate chocolate chip biscotti cookies!
They are packed with chocolate flavor and have just the right amount of crunch! They would be great dipped in coffee or milk.
Go ahead and give this recipe a try. I bet you'll love it!
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Water, heated
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat water in the microwave about 20 seconds. Add flaxseed meal and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the brown rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer beat the butter and brown sugar for about a minute.
- Add the flax-egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, form the dough into a 10" by 2" log. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2" cookies (makes about 16), being very gentle to keep them from crumbling. Place on baking sheet and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes (being careful not to burn). Then flip and bake 5 to 10 more.
- Cool and enjoy.