Do you love all things cake batter? Are you looking for a way to make a cake batter treat a little healthier?
If so, these cake batter chickpea cookies are just the thing for you.
Made with chickpeas in place of flour, and lower in fat than most cookies, these are still tasty and in no way lacking in flavor.
Try them the next time that you get a craving for something cake batter-flavored!
Cake Batter Chickpea Cookies
- 2 cups Chickpeas (or one can)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine drained chickpeas, butter, sugars, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Makes 15-18 cookies.