Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Gluten Free Caramel Brownies

When I first decided to throw these together I admit that I had doubts in my mind. I love brownies. They are one of my favorite desserts. And I didn't think that they could get any better than they already were. But I was proven wrong.

I can't imagine anything more decadent than these brownies.

They are gooey, caremly, chocolately, rich and delicious. It almost feels bad to eat one. And so good. 

Oh, so good.





Gluten Free Caramel Brownies
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Cocoa
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
  • 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
  • 3 Tablespoons Water, hot
  • 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Tablespoons Milk
  • 1/2 Cup Caramel Bits (NOTE: they are not labeled gluten free. Use under own discretion.)
  • 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Heat the water and add the flaxseed meal to it, letting it sit for 10 minutes.
  3. In a medium bowl measure the sugars, cocoa, brown rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
  4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
  5. Fold in the caramel bits and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
  6. Spread thick batter into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
  7. Melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and drizzle over the brownies before serving.
Enjoy!
-Bethany

1 comment: