A gluten free and vegan cookie that tastes just as good as any chocolate cookie you would bite into? I say, yes! These cookies are easy to make and taste so good you won't know they are gf and vegan!
I have been trying to experiment a bit with vegan recipes lately, ever since I realized that I don't have many of them on my blog. There are some people who have to eat dairy free, or who are vegan by choice, and I want to offer them more delicious dessert options.
So, here is one delicious, easy-to-make, and amazing vegan cookie recipe. Try it, and I know you'll love it!
Gluten Free/Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Brown Rice Flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce and baking soda. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, brown rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the applesauce mixture, oil, and vanilla to dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.