This gluten free chocolate cake is made without eggs or dairy, and it is mixed up right in the pan!
I remember making crazy cake occasionally when I was growing up. My brothers thought it was weird because it has vinegar in it. But you really can't taste it. I didn't fully appreciate the fact that it was egg free then, but now I do. It's such a simple cake.
All of the dry ingredients go into the pan, are whisked, and then the wet ingredients are stirred in. No extra dishes are made. It's baked, and it tastes just as good as any chocolate cake!
Gluten Free/Vegan Chocolate Crazy Cake
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 8x8 glass baking dish, combine sugar, rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Make three wells in the dry ingredients and add the oil, vinegar and vanilla. Pour the water over the top.
- Stir gently just until combined.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.