These triple chocolate shortbread bars are gluten free, easy to throw together, and perfect for any holiday or party!
The M&Ms can be switched out for any holiday or season, or even for your favorite sports team. Red and green for Christmas, red and blue for patriotic holidays, etc. I did the bars red white and blue for this past fourth of July. And these are great for autumn.
These bars are soft when fresh, and full of chocolate! Perfect for any chocolate lover!
Triple Chocolate Shortbread Bars
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Mini (or regular) M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder and xanthan gum.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of your mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and salt to the butter mixture and beat again.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and pat the dough into it.
- Spread chocolate chips and M&Ms over top and pat into it.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting.