If you are looking for a relatively easy, super yummy treat, these chocolate chip shortbread bars are the perfect thing for you!
I have a hard time not eating the whole batch while they are still warm, straight out of the pan. These are so seriously good. And the perfect gluten free treat to bring along on a road trip! I'm in Texas now, with my siblings, and I brought these bars along. Yum.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of your mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and salt to the butter mixture and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch and xanthan gum. Add a couple of Tablespoons of it to a small bowl and coat the chocolate chips in it.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and pat the dough into it.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until edges have turned slightly brown.
- Cool before breaking into pieces.