These gluten free flour tortillas are amazing. They are soft and roll-able, and they taste especially great when filled with beans, cheese and all of the toppings of your choosing. Plus, they are super easy to throw together! Give them a try and you will be sure to love them.
Easy Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, heated in microwave about 10 seconds
- 1/4 Cup Water plus up to 2 Tablespoons more
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the softened butter and mix in with fork or fingers. Add the water, enough until a soft, sticky ball forms.
- Divide into 3 to 4 balls and roll in rice flour.
- Cut off two sheets of plastic wrap and sprinkle one with rice flour. Put one ball on top and top with second piece of plastic wrap, roll out, and place the tortilla in a preheated pan. Cook about 30 seconds on each side. Repeat.