If you are looking for a chocolate chip cookie with a twist, and one that is a bit healthier than the classic version, these gluten free banana chocolate chip cookies fit the bill.
They are incredibly soft and have a subtle banana flavor to them... not to mention the melty chocolate chips found inside...
Yum. These cookies are delicious.
If you are looking for something different to make instead of making the same old recipe once again, give them a try!
- 3/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal, divided
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Mashed Banana
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Heat 3 Tablespoons water for about 20 seconds in the microwave and add 1 Tablespoon of the flaxseed meal to it. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the brown rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, baking soda. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar.
- Add the flax-egg, applesauce and vanilla and beat again.
- Mix in the mashed banana.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Finally, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of flaxmeal and the chocolate chips and stir once more.
- Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Adapted from this recipe.