Soft, moist and packed with chocolate, these chocolate chip and M&M chickpea cookies are sure to be a big hit.
This recipe is great for Christmastime when you want to feel a bit better about yourself and all of the treats that you are eating, or for any time of the year when you want to munch on something a bit healthier than the average cookie.
Chocolate Chip And M&M Chickpea Cookies
- 2 cups Chickpeas (or one can)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup M&Ms
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine drained chickpeas, butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
If you are looking for more Christmas recipes, or if you have some of your own to share, then please check out my Christmas Treat Link Up!