What could be more fun than a bite size treat filled with mini chocolate chips? These little shortbread bites are gluten free, and they are perfect for serving at a party, or for snacking on all by yourself!
These little Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bites are super easy to make, and they are tasty, too. They have a bit of a crunch to them, even while they melt in your mouth. There are a bunch of delicious chocolate chips tossed in them, and they are super fun.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bites
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (mini or regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of your mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and salt to the butter mixture and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch and xanthan gum. Add a couple of Tablespoons of it to a small bowl and coat the chocolate chips in it.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a mini muffin tin with 24 wrappers and scoop rounded half Tablespoons of dough into each, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes. It's better to under-bake them than to over bake them.
- Cool, remove from wrappers, and enjoy!
Hope you like them as much as I do!
Linking up to Sunday Fitness and Food link-up found here and here.