There is just something about a peanut butter cup... all of the chocolate and the peanut butter together in one little bite size treat... and these are even better than your average peanut butter cups! They are made with M&Ms and crunchy rice cereal, giving them a unique and pleasing texture!
These crunchy M&M peanut butter cups can easily be made peanut free using WOWBUTTER soybutter. That is what I used for them. And they are so delicious, either way!
Crunchy M&M Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter or WOWBUTTER
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Crisp Rice Cereal
- 2 Tablespoons Mini M&Ms
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Melt chocolate in the microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring, until smooth.
- Line a mini muffin tin with 12 paper wrappers and spoon a bit of the chocolate into each, reserving half of it for later. Spread the chocolate around each cup (I find that a clean finger is the best tool for the job.) Refrigerate until solid.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, cereal, and mini M&Ms. Stir until mixed well.
- Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls into each of the chocolate cups, pressing down.
- Use remaining melted chocolate to cover the tops of each. Refrigerate until solid, then remove from wrappers and eat.
Linking up to Sunday Fitness and Food Link-Up found here and here.