Love cake and frosting? Try it in a new way in these chocolate coated chocolate cake cups!
These are like a mashup of cake pops and peanut butter cups (without the peanut butter), and they are so, so yummy! Chocolate coats a layer of cake and a layer of frosting. Need I say more?
I'm not using exact measurements for this recipe simply because no measurements are really needed. It will all depend on how much cake versus frosting you want inside of the cups.
Easy Chocolate Cake Cups
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate
- Chocolate Cake, crumbled (about one slice, or a cupcake or two will do)
- Frosting, small batch (my fluffy buttercream frosting would be delicious)
- Sprinkles, optional
- Line a mini muffin tin with 12 paper wrappers.
- Crumble the cake with your fingers and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate.
- Divide half of the chocolate between all 12 wrappers, spreading it around up the sides of the wrappers. Chill until solid.
- Take a bit of the cake crumbles and put them inside of each cup, pressing down slightly.
- Top cake crumbles with a dab of frosting.
- Top the frosting with more chocolate, spreading it evenly over the tops. Sprinkle, if you desire.
- Chill until solid and consume. Keep leftover cake cups in the fridge.