Red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips inside... these are the perfect gluten free treat for Valentine's Day, or for any day!
I don't always like putting a lot of red food coloring in my desserts, and these cookies really don't need it. Red velvet is all about the flavor to me... the delicious combo of chocolate and vanilla. Plus, the white chocolate chips don't do these cookies any harm!
Gluten Free Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cornstarch
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Flax-Egg (1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal plus 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Prepare flax-egg by heating water for about 20 seconds in the microwave, adding the flaxseed meal to it, and setting it aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine your dry ingredients.
- In your mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, and vinegar. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flax-egg, vanilla, and food coloring, and beat.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets, press some extra chips on top of each cookie (optional) and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Adapted from this recipe.