Do you love a good red velvet cake? How about a gluten free red velvet cupcake? These cupcakes are moist and delicious, and they are sure to please a crowd.
When you want to put together a quick and easy dessert, try these red velvet cupcakes. You can make them full size or mini. No matter what, they are a great treat!
Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 Flax-Egg (3 Tablespoons Water, 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal)
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Red Food Coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare flax-egg (directions on side of blog.)
- Mix milk with vinegar and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, measure your rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, combine flax-egg, milk/vinegar mixture, sugar, oil, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing just until combined. Carefully mix in food coloring, if using.
- Scoop out into a lined full size muffin tin (makes 12) or mini muffin tin (makes 32) and bake for 18 to 22 minutes.