If you love cookie dough, then you are going to want to make these gluten free cookie dough eggs for Easter. The are the perfect treat for the holiday, and they are sure to please kids and adults alike. The sprinkles on these eggs are fun and festive, and you will have a good time making them and eating them.
I just posted this recipe as truffles, and now I am posting it as eggs. Either way, these are tasty. They are sweet and delicious, and they have a great, little crunch from the sprinkles inside.
I made mine with sugar cookie dough, but you can also make them with chocolate chip cookie dough. My gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough truffle recipe can be found here.
Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1 to 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix again
- Then add the rice flour and salt and mix.
- And, finally, add the sprinkles and mix once more.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls and roll into balls, placing on a wax lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for half an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate, and once the balls have frozen for at least half an hour, dip them halfway into the chocolate or coat them completely, and then put them back on the wax lined sheet. Allow the chocolate to harden, and then dig in!
- Store in the refrigerator.