I just found out that it's National Oreo Day today, so I knew that I had to post this recipe!
If you eat on the gluten free diet and you thought that you had to give up Oreos because of that, then you are going to be happy with this recipe. The dark cocoa in these cookies really gives them a great, Oreo-like flavor.
They taste amazing, and they are pretty easy to put together, too. And now you can know that you won't have to live the rest of your life without soft Oreos in it!
Gluten Free Soft "Oreos"
- 1 Flax-egg (3 Tablespoons Water, 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare flax-egg (see directions on side of blog.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine white rice flour, cornstarch, dark cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla and flax-egg and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat again, until it's all combined.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool and then frost with frosting of choice.