Puppy chow is great any time of the year, but especially so during the Christmas season. Treat your family to a new version of the classic recipe with this butterscotch puppy chow!
This recipe is so easy and delicious, and it is a great treat to snack on while wrapping gifts, watching a Christmas movie, or for putting in a pretty bowl for a holiday party. No matter when you decide to have it, you will love every bite!
If you are making the mix for a crowd, think about doubling or tripling the recipe. It will be gone quickly!
Easy Butterscotch Puppy Chow
- 1/4 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Butterscotch Chips (make sure they are gluten free!)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1/2 Cup to 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Extra Butterscotch Chips, optional
- In a large microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and butter. Microwave 20 seconds at a time until melted.
- Add the vanilla to the mixture and stir. Add the cereal and mix until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir in the bowl, or toss in a sealed bag.
- Stir in some extra butterscotch chips (optional), and serve.
Linking up to Allergy Free Thursdays.