These gluten free cupcakes are super fun and cute, not to mention delicious!
My nieces and nephew loved the surprise inside.
The cupcakes themselves are chocolate, and they are filled with mini M&Ms and then topped with a rich, chocolate ganache. Make them for your family, and they are sure to be a big hit.
Gluten Free Mini Chocolate Cupcakes With Whipped Chocolate Ganache And M&Ms
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the water and add the flaxseed meal to it, setting aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together rice flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flax-eggs, vanilla, oil and water to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 16 wrappers.
- Bake cupcakes for 10 to 14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool, then use a knife to remove a small bit of the center of each cupcake. Fill hole with mini M&Ms.
- Frost and top with M&Ms.
Whipped Ganache Frosting
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Heat heavy cream just until boiling and pour over chocolate chips.
- Stir together and put in fridge until completely cool.
- Move to the bowl of your stand mixer and use whisk attachment to whip it.