Chocolate chips are everything when it comes to baking. They take desserts from being average to being amazing.
Who doesn't love chocolate chips?
This bars are moist, flavorful, and packed with bits of chocolate goodness. They are the perfect dessert for you to make the next time you find yourself with some browning bananas sitting around.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/2 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Bananas, mashed (about 1 banana)
- 2/3 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat water for about 15 seconds in the microwave. Add flaxseed meal and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy.
- Mash the banana and add it to the flax-egg. Mix and then beat into the butter/sugar mix.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread out into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.