With Valentine's Day just around the corner, you are going to want a sweet dessert to indulge in. Make these for anyone you love, and they will love you a little more for it. Or, make them for yourself if you are spending the day alone, and they will surely cheer you up.
If a chocolately dessert is something that you would like to share with the one that you love, then these double chocolate shortbread bars are the thing for you. They are easy to put together, are baked in a short amount of time, and taste amazing.
Chocolate shortbread packed with dark chocolate chips. Does it get any better than this?
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Shortbread Bars
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder and xanthan gum.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of your mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and salt to the butter mixture and beat again.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and pat the dough into it.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting, or cool all the way before breaking into pieces.