These chocolate bunny cupcake toppers are a fun Easter treat. They are surprisingly easy to make, and the kids (or kids at heart) in your life will love them!
I was in Walmart the other day and looking for something in the Easter aisle to buy for a recipe. I happened upon a $1 tube of Sixlets, saw the "gluten free" label on the front, and knew that they would be perfect. And that is how these little bunnies happened.
Watch the video to see just how these little guys are made!
Easy Chocolate Bunny Cupcake Toppers
- Chocolate chips or White Chocolate Chips
- Easter Sixlets
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds or so to keep from burning.
- Take plastic bag that zips closed and cut off one corner, careful not to make the tip too large.
- Pour the chocolate into the bag and seal it up.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the chocolate baggy and draw a circle with two ears coming up. Then go to the bottom of the circle and make what looks like a neck, something long enough and thick enough to stick into the cupcake later on. Make all of it thick enough to keep it sturdy.
- Stick on a Sixlet for a nose.
- Refrigerate until solid. Frost cupcakes as normal and stick the stem of each bunny into the center, so that just their heads are showing.
Linking up to Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up found here and here.