These cookies are soft, chocolate-y, and topped with a marshamallow and more chocolate! How can they get any better than this?
These cookies are best eaten fresh or warmed in the microwave. They are just like a really good glass of hot chocolate!
Gluten Free Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Flax-Eggs (9 Tablespoons Water, 3 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallows (I used Dandies vegan marshmallows)
- Prepare flax-eggs (directions on side of blog.)
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together. Allow to cool a bit.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice flour, tapioca starch, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Whisk together.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine brown sugar, flax-eggs and vanilla. Blend.
- Add the chocolate chip/butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Refridgerate dough for 2 hours, or longer. If longer, then you will need to thaw a bit before using.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop medium to large cookies onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes depending on how large you make them. Take from oven, add a handful of chocolate chips and a marshmallow onto each cookie, then stick back into the oven for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and repeat until dough is gone.