These cookies have a deep chocolate flavor, are melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and are relatively healthy at that. Well, compared with other cookies, anyway.
When you feel like indulging in a good, chocolate cookie without all of the guilt, these chocolate chickpea cookies are just the thing for you!
The pictures look so good that I am tempted to make them again soon. Like, right now.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- 2 cups Chickpeas (or one can)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Milk (if looking too dry)
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine drained chickpeas, butter, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt.. Blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth. If the batter appears dry, add one tablespoon of milk and blend again.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Makes about 18 cookies.