I've become a little obsessed with chocolate cookies as of late. I tried yet another version of them with these Texas Sheet Cake Cookies, and I couldn't have asked for a softer, tastier cookie.
Even though these don't have as rich a chocolate flavor as some of the chocolate cookies that I have made recently, these are one of my favorites. Maybe my favorite. They just melt in your mouth, soft and smooth and delicious. I could easily eat a half dozen of these in one sitting! Needless to say that taking a bite for these pictures was very enjoyable. I take any excuse that I can get to eat a cookie in the middle of the afternoon!
Gluten Free/Egg Free Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Water, hot
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat water in the microwave about 20 seconds. Add the flaxseed meal and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch and xanthan gum.
- In the bowl of your mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flax-egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Mix in the baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, for thirty seconds and then fifteen seconds at a time after that. Once melted, pour into cookie dough and mix until combined.
- On a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper, scoop the dough a tablespoon at a time to form cookies. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Do not over-bake
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Once the cookies have cooled, combine the butter, milk and cocoa powder in a saucepan and stir until melted together.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar.
- Pour over the cookies, coating the tops. Allow to set.
If you love chocolate cookies as much as I do you are sure to enjoy these!