I learned to make a few homemade sauces in the past year, and I never would have believed how simple it is to make them until I tried myself. Making homemade marinara, Alfredo, cheese sauce and enchilada sauce really is an easy task. I suggest that you try them all and see for yourself. Starting with this sauce.
Homemade enchilada sauce couldn't get any simpler than this recipe. I make it all of the time, and it takes me only a few minutes to get it all put together! So easy, and so good. Plus, with it being homemade, I can control the flavors that I put into it. Depending on the day I will put more cumin or chili powder in the sauce. I just do whatever I feel like in the moment.
Easy Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 small Clove Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder (or more, if you prefer it to be spicier)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder or 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- Sprinkle of Oregano
- Put all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Makes enough for an 8x8 pan of enchiladas.
There you have it! Now you can easily make your own homemade enchilada sauce, too!