Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Gluten Free Cookie Dough Frosting

It was my sister's 29th birthday a few days ago, and to celebrate I knew that I wanted to make her a special cake. I decided on a chocolate cake, and I considered all of my options before I settled on a cookie dough frosting for it. Oh, I am so glad that I did. 

This frosting is just what you would expect from its name. It is sweet, but not too sweet. It is filled with cookie dough flavor, and it has a texture that is somewhere between a frosting and cookie dough. I will definitely be making it again!


In addition to the cake, we put up a few decorations for my sister's birthday...

And, of course, there were some presents...

And we made her a birthday meal...

 But the cake... it was definitely the star!


We even decorated the top with some mud and pigs!


Gluten Free Cookie Dough Frosting
  • 1 Cup Butter
  • 2 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup plus 3 Tablespoons Rice Flour
  • 2 Tablespoons Milk
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
  1. Cream together the butter and both sugars until they are nice and smooth.
  2. Add the rice flour, milk, vanilla and salt and beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy Add a bit more milk if too thick for your taste.
  3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  4. Get frosting and enjoy! (I stored my cake in the fridge)
Adapted from this recipe.

-Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany! After you commented on my blog I want to stop by and see what your space was about. I've seen so many gluten free recipes online that I really should try one eventually, and this cookie dough frosting looks so good, I love anything cookie dough flavored.

    ReplyDelete