It was my sister's 29th birthday a few days ago, and to celebrate I knew that I wanted to make her a special cake. I decided on a chocolate cake, and I considered all of my options before I settled on a cookie dough frosting for it. Oh, I am so glad that I did.
This frosting is just what you would expect from its name. It is sweet, but not too sweet. It is filled with cookie dough flavor, and it has a texture that is somewhere between a frosting and cookie dough. I will definitely be making it again!
In addition to the cake, we put up a few decorations for my sister's birthday...
And, of course, there were some presents...
And we made her a birthday meal...
But the cake... it was definitely the star!
We even decorated the top with some mud and pigs!
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup plus 3 Tablespoons Rice Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until they are nice and smooth.
- Add the rice flour, milk, vanilla and salt and beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy Add a bit more milk if too thick for your taste.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Get frosting and enjoy! (I stored my cake in the fridge)