Who doesn't love a moist banana cake?
Bananas have long been one of my favorite ingredients to use in baking. I love how moist and fluffy they make everything, and this cake is no exception. The flavor is there, as well, making it the perfect gluten free cake.
Make this cake for you and your family and it will be gone before long.
Gluten Free Moist Banana Cake
- 1 Flax-egg (3 Tablespoons Water, 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal, directions on side of blog)
- 2/3 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Banana, mashed (about 1/3 Cup)
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare flax-egg.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flax-egg, vanilla, Greek yogurt and banana to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Add half of the flour, mix, then half the milk and repeat.
- Beat on medium for about 30 seconds.
- Spread batter into a greased 8 inch round cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool, and then frost.