Each of these gluten free chocolate cookies has a Rolo baked into the center, giving them a gooey, caramel filling.
If you love Rolos and chocolate, then these are the perfect cookies for you! They need to be refrigerated for an hour before baking, but as long as you are patient enough to wait for that to happen, you will soon end up with some amazing, soft, chocolate brownie cookies. The Rolos really add a great dimension to these cookies, and you will love every chocolate-and-caramel bite.
Make sure when you use any ingredients to check them for yourself and see that they are truly gluten free. While I eat Rolos, you may not want to risk cross contamination.
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Rolos
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Flax-Egg (directions on side of blog)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Rolos, unwrapped
- Heat the 3 tablespoons of water and add flaxseed meal to it. Stir then set aside for ten minutes.
- In a large mixer bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Mix together with a wire whisk, breaking up brown sugar into small lumps.
- Melt the butter and add it, the flax-egg and the vanilla to the dry ingredients. Beat until combined.
- Remove wrappers from Rolos. Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough at a time and wrap it around a Rolo.
- Set cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.