Monday, February 1, 2016

Homemade Gluten Free Taco Seasoning

Before we get to the recipe, I would like to share a bit about my daily eating routine. I have been a vegetarian for 5 years tomorrow, as well as being a gluten free-eating individual for over 2 years, so if you are both of those things, as well, then you might be wondering what foods are available to you. Here is what I eat on a normal day.

Breakfast:
I like to start off my day with a smoothie. I'll throw some plain Greek yogurt, 1% milk, Stevia, a black bean brownie, protein powder and ice into a blender. Then I'll blend until smooth and drink away.

Lunch:
For this mid-day meal, I like to go with a chickpea salad. The recipe for the dressing that I use will be coming to the blog sometime soon. If I want something to go along with the chickpea salad, I will either have a cheese stick, an iced coffee, a piece of dark chocolate, or another small treat.

Supper:
I take the most time for cooking when it comes to this meal, so I frequently switch things up. One day it might be grits and fresh, crockpot black beans. Another day it's enchiladas stuffed with refried beans, corn and cheese. Or it will be spaghetti with chickpea meatballs, Alfredo, black bean burgers or taquitos. I love trying new foods, and I love cooking up something special for supper.

Snacks:
If you have been following my blog for long, then you probably have caught on for my love of sweets. I love baking, and I also love eating.
Another snack I love beyond sweets is chips. I love pretty much all gluten free chips. I love tortilla chips with homemade hummus. I love cheese puffs and Cheetos and all of those good things.

There are so many options of gluten free and vegetarian foods. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise - there is always something good to be eaten, even when you follow both of these diets!

Now, onto the recipe (which is great for any gluten free vegetarian to have on hand!)

This taco seasoning could not be any easier to put together, and it makes everything a little bit tastier. There are many dishes that you could add this seasoning to, and the possibilities are endless.

To make this seasoning, just gather together all of your spices...

Don't they all look pretty when they are put together like that? So colorful.

And they even look pretty when they are stirred together.

If you don't want to make a dish dirty stirring it together, though, go ahead and shake it up in the jar/container that you're going to store it in.

And there you have it. Easy and flavorful homemade taco seasoning.

Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons Cumin
  • 2 teaspoons Paprika
  • 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1 teaspoons Garlic Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Oregano
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
  1. Put all of the ingredients into a bowl with a lid, put the lid on and shake it up.
  2. That's it! Enjoy on taco salads, in taquitos and more!
Adapted from this recipe.

-Bethany

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! We're big taco lovers in our home. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Savoring Saturdays linky party.

    ReplyDelete