In my opinion any and every form of chocolate chip cookies are delicious, but these cookies outdo every other chocolate chip cookie out there. They are twice the size, soft and chewy, and filled with caramel. What could be better than that?
You can't go wrong when you decide to make a batch of these big, caramel filled cookies! Everyone will be sure to love them.
Gluten Free Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 Cup White Rice Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 3.5 oz Box Vanilla Pudding
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 12 Caramel Squares, unwrapped
- Heat water about 20 seconds in microwave. Add flaxseed meal to it and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine white rice flour, cornstarch, vanilla pudding, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine butter and sugars and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add flax-egg and vanilla to butter/sugar mix on low until combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ones, mixing only a few times before adding 1 cup chocolate chips. Mix until incorporated.
- Scoop 1 1/2 Tablespoons of dough at a time and form 24 balls. Take one ball at a time press an unwrapped caramel square into it. Take another ball and press it onto the other, forming a big ball together.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.