If you love muffins, banana desserts and all things chocolate, then these gluten free chocolate banana muffins are sure to please you!
These muffins are relatively easy to throw together, and they are super moist and delicious. The mini chocolate chips inside and dusting of sugar on top sure don't hurt anything. ;)
Give these muffins a try the next time that you are wanting to bake up a treat for breakfast, or for any time of the day, and they are sure to be a big hit.
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 Flax-egg (1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal, 3 Tablespoons Water)
- 1 1/2 Cup Banana, mashed
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Sugar, plus extra for tops
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare flax-egg (instructions on side of blog.)
- In a medium bowl, combine brown rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, combine flax-egg, mashed banana, melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into 12 to 14 lined muffin tin holes. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.