Sunday, April 19, 2015

Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

Who can resist a good

gluten free

chocolate cake

that is super easy to make?

Not me.


This cake is seriously easy and it makes the best, gluten free chocolate cake. I saw it sitting on the counter the other morning, staring me down as I made my breakfast smoothie, and I was so tempted to grab a slice. But, I held myself off and got to enjoy some that evening instead.

Oh, I wish I could dig in again.




Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
  • 6 Tablespoons Hot Water
  • 2 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal (or skip this and the 6 tablespoons of water and use 2 eggs)
  • 3/4 cup White Rice Flour
  • 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Cup Oil
  • 1/2 Cup Water
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Heat the 6 Tablespoons of water and add the flaxseed meal to it, setting aside for about 10 minutes.
  3. In a large bowl whisk together rice flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  4. Add the flax-eggs, vanilla, oil and water to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
  5. Grease and flour a 8x8 or 9 inch round pan.
  6. Bake cake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 
  7. Cool, remove from pan, and frost (or frost in pan).
  8. Cupcake version found here.
Original recipe found here.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this super easy cake as much as I do!
-Bethany

2 comments:

  1. This cake looks moist and delish! Pinning for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this cake looks so delicious! I'm going to pin this so I have this when I can eat sugar again (I'm on the candida diet). I also may try it with "Just like Sugar" and see how it turns out. Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete